Fundamentals of Anti-Icing & Liquids
Build a trained workforce employing the use of liquids and solids in an effective anti-icing strategy.
Online personal certificate course
Designed to provide in-depth knowledge in:
- The core science of how anti-icing and liquids work, and when they don’t
- Major deicers and their pros and cons
- Operational planning and implementation of liquid applications on sidewalks and in parking lots
- Introduction to making brine, including assessing when a company is ready to do so and the essentials to maintaining quality and consistency
- Liquid spray system calibration and application rate calculations
- Safety and environmental controls for storing, transporting and applying liquids
About the course
- SIMA member employees can access at no additional charge!
- Delivered online, available 24/7
- Trainees can go through the material at their own pace, passing a series of mandatory quizzes that demonstrate mastery of the material.
- Interactive content includes video, graphics and presentations from subject matter experts.
- Extensive downloadable resources available in each section for further reference and training.
- Verified knowledge based in best practices for sites and facilities.
- Developed with snow professionals and subject matter experts.
- Employees gain insight into the business of snow management.
- Creates a foundation of knowledge to build on with experience.
Meet our experts
Diana Clonch has over 30 years of experience in public works with a diverse background in operations and management and snow and ice control at the county, city and state levels.
Scott Zorno, CSP
With over 40 years of snow experience, and 18 years of liquid anti-icing and deicing experience in a high snowfall market, Scott brings a depth of experience and a genuine understanding of contractor liquids programs.
Phill Sexton, CSP
Phill Sexton is the Founder & Managing Director for WIT Companies and WIT Advisers and industry adviser to SIMA, and has over 25 years of experience in the snow and ice industry at local, regional, and national levels.
Start online anytime with the online course catalog.
Best for one individual just trying to get into the course quickly.
Build a Team Plan
Non-members can save money when training more than one person and SIMA will handle account management and setup for your team. Members can request help setting up a larger group of people.
Contact email@example.com to get started!
Members: Included with membership for any employee
Non-Members: $250 per person