Certified Snow Professional Application & Exam Information
Application and Registration
Once you are ready to take the exam, submit the following:
Completed application (download here)
Applicable reference, education credits, and proof of post-secondary education degree (See eligibility section here or on the application).
Exam registration fees. The exam fee is $350 for SIMA members and $500 for non-members. The fee must be paid before taking the exam. Please mail in your fees with the application information, or call the SIMA office at 414-375-1940 to pay with a credit card over the phone.
Completed applications can be emailed to Ellen@sima.org, faxed to 414-375-1945, or mailed to the SIMA office at 10140 N. Port Washington Road, Milwaukee, WI, 53092.
SIMA will notify applicants of approval once all the above items are received. Applicants will then receive an email prompting them to schedule their exam.
Exam Dates & Process
The exam is given online through SIMA's Training Center at train.sima.org, and can be taken from your home or office computer.
Once your application materials are submitted, you will receive an email with a link to sign up for an exam date. The exam is offered once per month, planned 3 months ahead. Submit your application when you are ready or almost ready to sit for the exam, as you are required to sign up for a date within 3 months of your application submission. Current dates are:
- Tuesday, August 6 - Wednesday, August 7, 2019
- Tuesday, September 10 - Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Tuesday, October 1 - Wednesday, October 2, 2019
The exam will be available in your SIMA Training Center account on your designated date at 10am EST, and removed the following day at 4pm EST. You can complete the six sections in any order during that time. Once you have signed up for an exam date, you will receive detailed instructions on how to access it.
If you need to reschedule your exam, please contact Ellen@sima.org at least 24 hours prior to request a new exam date. If you miss your scheduled exam, you will have to sign up and take it during a future scheduled date. Exams will not be given outside of the monthly scheduled dates.
Please note the following specifics about the CSP exam and process:
- The 200-question exam is divided into six sections, with a separate exam for each: Business, Human Resources, Marketing, Sub-contractors, Snow & Ice Science, and Snow & Ice Operations and Techniques.
- Questions are a mix of Multiple Choice and True/False.
- You must earn a 70% in each section to pass.
- Due to exam security and best practices, exam questions answered incorrectly are not given.
- The exam is available in both U.S. and Canadian versions, to reflect differences in laws and business practices.
- Use of study materials, outside help from another individual, or other study aides are NOT permitted. Individuals verify that they solely are responsible for the answers provided on the exam(s) and that they were not assisted by other individuals.
Notification and Retakes
You will have two chances during the exam timeframe to earn a passing score on each section. If a passing score is not earned on a section after the allotted two tries, you will have to retake during a future exam date. You will only have to retake the sections you did not pass, not the entire exam.
You will receive your score at the end of each section. SIMA will send an official results email the day after your exam, which will include retake sign up information if applicable.