Certified Snow Professional Application & Exam Information
Application and Registration
Follow the steps below to get started with CSP, or fill out the interest form below to receive more information.
1. Prerequisites - Ensure you meet one of the eligibility options.
2. Exam fee - The exam fee is $350 for SIMA members and $500 for non-members.
- Log in with your SIMA username and password to pay in the online store here. Study materials can also be purchased in the store.
- SIMA members get a $200 training credits towards CSP or ASM training each year. Learn more and apply for your Training Commitment Credit here.
- Contact Chris@sima.org to make other payment arrangements, including team training options.
3. Complete application
- Upon submitting payment, you will be emailed a link to complete the online CSP application.
4. Sign up for an exam date
- Once the application fee is paid and the application is completed, you will receive an email with a link to sign up for an exam date.
Exam Dates & Process
The exam is given online through SIMA's Training Center at train.sima.org, and can be taken from your home or office computer.
Once your application materials are submitted and the application fee is paid, you will be receive an email with a link to sign up for an exam date. The exam is offered once per month, typically the first Tuesday-Wednesday of each month. We recommend that you submit your application when you are ready or almost ready to sit for the exam.
The exam will be available in your SIMA Training Center account on your designated date at 10am EST, and removed the following day at 4pm EST. You can complete the six sections in any order during that time. Once you have signed up for an exam date, you will receive detailed instructions on how to access it.
If you need to reschedule your exam, please contact Ellen@sima.org at least 24 hours prior to request a new exam date. If you miss your scheduled exam, you will have to sign up and take it during a future scheduled date. Exams will not be given outside of the monthly scheduled dates.
Contact Ellen@sima.org with any questions about exam scheduling.
Please note the following specifics about the CSP exam and process:
- The 200-question exam is divided into six sections, with a separate exam for each: Business, Human Resources, Marketing, Sub-contractors, Snow & Ice Science, and Snow & Ice Operations and Techniques.
- Questions are a mix of Multiple Choice and True/False.
- You must earn a 70% in each section to pass.
- Due to exam security and best practices, exam questions answered incorrectly are not given.
- The exam is available in both U.S. and Canadian versions, to reflect differences in laws and business practices.
- Use of study materials, outside help from another individual, or other study aides are NOT permitted. Individuals verify that they solely are responsible for the answers provided on the exam(s) and that they were not assisted by other individuals.
Notification and Retakes
You will have two chances during the exam timeframe to earn a passing score on each section. If a passing score is not earned on a section after the allotted two tries, you will have to retake during a future exam date. You will only have to retake the sections you did not pass, not the entire exam.
You will receive your score at the end of each section. SIMA will send an official results email the day after your exam, which will include retake sign up information if applicable.