Instructions for Environmental Leader of the Year Judges:
The SIMA Environmental Leader of the Year Award recognizes a SIMA member who influences the adoption of best practices for efficient salt application in his/her company and demonstrates they promote continuous salt efficiency to the industry.
When judging this award, please pay particular attention to the applicants adherence to industry best practices, company culture towards salt efficiency and environmental responsibility, and equipment & technology implemented in their company.
Applicants were told they would be judged on the basis of demonstrated success in the three competencies identified by the SIMA Awards Task Force:
- Adherence to industry best practices
- Company culture towards salt efficiency and environmental responsibility
- Equipment and technology implemented in your company
- Read through the entire judging packet and the Questions our applicants had to answer to familiarize yourself with our judging format.
- Read through each applicant's essay responses
- Award points based on the criteria for each question/reference (in packet)
- Record your results and comments on the Assessment Pages located in the document.
- Submit your results by May 22, 2017 via email to Kaitlyn@sima.org or fax at 414-375-1945