Safety Awards are given to companies who promote safe and effective snow and ice removal procedures. The award is presented to the professionals who maintained exceptional safety standards to help protect their employees, clients, and the public during the 2017-2018 snow season.
Winners will be announced at the Snow & Ice Industry Awards Night during the 21st Annual Snow & Ice Symposium in Cleveland, OH.
Deadline: May 1, 2018
Submissions received after 5:00 pm will NOT be accepted.
The application form and required safety forms will be reviewed internally at SIMA with the assistance of the Awards Task Force to determine companies who have maintained exceptional safety standards.
*Please review the entry questions below so you can gather the information you need before submitting your responses.
- Complete the online entry form and safety program checklist for the time period of October 1, 2017 through April 15, 2018
- Your Experience Modification Rate (EMR) is now required (insurance company should be able to provide this)
- US Members must UPLOAD your OSHA Form 300A and LOSS RUN
- CANADIAN Members must UPLOAD your account profile form (for injuries/illnesses) filed with the WCB or WSIB and LOSS RUN
- All Members must UPLOAD a copy of your company's written safety plan
- All Members must UPLOAD a detailed incident report for any incidents reported in OSHA 300A, WSIB profile and/or Loss Run forms
- Award application, required forms, and $25.00 processing fee must be completed by May 1, 2018 to be eligible
- Winning companies will be announced at the Snow & Ice Industry Awards Night on June 28, 2018
Direct all questions to Stephanie Orvis by calling 262-236-9948 or emailing Steph@sima.org
Thanks to our 2018 Snow & Ice Industry Award Night Sponsor: