Safety Awards are given to companies who promote safe and effective snow and ice removal procedures. The award is presented to the professionals who maintained exceptional safety standards to help protect their employees, clients, and the public during the 2016-2017 snow season.
Winners will be announced at the Snow & Ice Industry Awards Night during the 20th Annual Snow & Ice Symposium in Montreal, QC.
Deadline: May 1, 2017
Submissions received after 5:00 pm will NOT be accepted.
The application form and required safety forms will be reviewed internally at SIMA with the assistance of the Awards Task Force to determine companies who have maintained exceptional safety standards.
*Please review the entry questions below so you can gather the information you need before submitting your responses.
- Complete the online entry form and safety program checklist for the time period of October 1, 2016 through April 15, 2017
- Your Experience Modification Rate (EMR) is now required (insurance company should be able to provide this)
- US Members must UPLOAD your OSHA Form 300A and LOSS RUN
- CANADIAN Members must UPLOAD your account profile form (for injuries/illnesses) filed with the WCB or WSIB and LOSS RUN
- All Members must UPLOAD a copy of your company's written safety plan
- All Members must UPLOAD a detailed incident report for any incidents reported in OSHA 300A, WSIB profile and/or Loss Run forms
- Award application, required forms, and $25.00 processing fee must be completed by May 1, 2017 to be eligible
- Winning companies will be announced at the Snow & Ice Industry Awards Night on June 21st, 2017
Direct all questions to Kaitlyn Wollum by calling 262-236-9949 or email Kaitlyn@sima.org
Thanks to our 2017 Snow & Ice Industry Award Night Sponsor: