EXCELLENCE IN BUSINESS AWARD
This award gives a company the chance to demonstrate it has excelled in business, operations and community over the past year. Earning this award shows a company's employees, industry peers and clients that the efforts the company has put forth paid off. The Excellence in Business award can be presented to as many as four companies each year.
Winning companies will be kept confidential until announced at the Snow & Ice Industry Awards Night on June 28, 2018 during the 21st Annual Snow & Ice Symposium in Cleveland, OH.
Deadline: April 25, 2018
Applications submitted after 5:00 PM CST will NOT be accepted.
- The individual must be a SIMA member who has held membership in SIMA for a minimum of one year.
- The individual must be a Business Owner or a full-time (minimum, three years) General Manager in the Snow & Ice Industry with proven integrity in business.
- The individual must be willing to be one of the judges for the next year's award.
- The individual must be willing to attend SIMA's 21st Annual Snow & Ice Symposium in Cleveland, OH to receive the award.
- The individual must not be a current judge of the Excellence in Business award.
- The applicant must attach two letters of reference, up to five (5) company photos and pay the $25 application fee by deadline. Submissions will be disqualified if received after the deadline.
Applicants for this prestigious award will be judged on the basis of demonstrated success in the four competencies identified by the SIMA Awards Task Force:
- Business Practices
- Professional Relationships
- Personal Experience
- SIMA and your company
Selection of the award winners will be made SIMA's Award Task Force and will be based on compliance with the stated selection criteria above.
- Respond to each essay question in the application. Remember, you are representing your entire company and its image for this award; spelling, punctuation, and grammar should reflect your professionalism. The form page does time out, so make sure to save your application or fill out your essay responses on a separate document before submitting the form.
- Responses should not go over 500 words per answer.
- Essay questions 1 and 2 will weigh more in the judging process than questions 3 and 4. Please answer with a thoughtful response touching on as many listed topics you see fit/applicable.
- It is possible for the website form could time out. When you are writing essay responses, you may want to type your answers on a separate document before adding them to the form and submitting.
Direct all questions to Stephanie Orvis by calling 262-236-9948 or emailing Steph@sima.org
Thanks to our 2018 Snow & Ice Industry Award Night Sponsor: