SIMA ENVIRONMENTAL LEADER OF THE YEAR
The SIMA Environmental Leader of the Year Award recognizes a SIMA member who influences the adoption of best practices for efficient salt application in his/her company and demonstrates they promote continuous salt efficiency to the industry.
Winning companies will be kept confidential until announced at the Snow & Ice Industry Awards Night on June 28, 2018 during the 21st Annual Snow & Ice Symposium in Cleveland, OH.
Deadline: April 20, 2018
Applications submitted after 5pm CST will NOT be accepted.
- Company must be a SIMA member who has held membership in SIMA for a minimum of one year.
- A company representative must be willing to be one of the judges for the next year’s award.
- A company representative must be willing to attend SIMA’s 21st Annual Snow & Ice Symposium in Cleveland, OH to receive the award.
Applicants for this prestigious award will be judged on the basis of demonstrated success in the three competencies identified by the SIMA Awards Task Force:
- Adherence to industry best practices
- Company culture towards salt efficiency and environmental responsibility
- Equipment and technology implemented in your company
Selection of the award winner will be made by the SIMA Awards Task Force and will be based on compliance with the above-stated eligibility criteria. Applications, photos and the $25 processing fee must be received online by April 20, 2018. Photos must demonstrate your company's adoption of best practices and salt efficiency to the industry. The images should provide documented proof of your existing processes; pictures showing branded equipment or that includes workers with branded uniforms help create credibility during the review process.
Direct all questions to Stephanie Orvis by calling 262-236-9948 or emailing Steph@sima.org
Thanks to our 2018 Snow & Ice Industry Award Night Sponsor: