SIMA is a North American trade association for snow & ice industry professionals and we empower snow & ice management professionals for success. The snow and ice management industry is dynamic, engaging, and essential to the world we live in. We are proud to support thousands of small businesses, entrepreneurs, and hard working professionals in the industry.
Serve as the lead for all supplier related account development and budget performance.
- Creates energy and focus for all supplier-related sales including:
- Sponsorship sales
- Exhibitor/booth sales
- Digital and website sales
- Print advertising sales
- Supplier membership sales
- Responsible for the tracking and performance with regard to annual budgeted goals.
- Works closely with the Marketing team to organize and conduct comprehensive campaigns for annual sales efforts.
- Supplier account development and maintenance by prospecting and in-person meetings. Ability to travel a must.
- Oversees and cultivates a savings program for members with key suppliers annually, including data tracking on impact and adoption of savings programs by general member base.
- Travels to trade shows and key industry events to maintain and grow relationships as well as create new opportunities for SIMA in key industry areas.
- Continuous innovation for updating sales processes.
- Resolves challenges and issues related to sensitive accounts, balancing the values of the association and its products with the needs of supplier customers.
- Future: Aids in efforts related to fundraising for a to-be created SIMA foundation.
What's our sales philosophy?
We lead with a consultative, relational sales approach. We believe that building relationships is job #1 - everything else will follow naturally because of the solid relationships we build with our supplier and contractor members. We are mission driven to serve them all. We believe the best way to do that is to know and understand who our clients are and how SIMA can help them to be successful.
Specific Knowledge and Skill Sets
The requirements described here are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leadership and previous sales management experience is preferred
- Sales campaign creation and management
- Values relationship-based selling
- Track record of overseeing/growing digital sales product lines
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new and diverse software applications including but not limited to:
- Proposal Software System
- Association Management System
- Learning Management System
- Knowledge of GSuite Applications, required
- Microsoft Excel experience - intermediate, required
Education and Experience
Requires an associate's or bachelor's degree in a job related major and five – seven years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All SIMA employees are expected to:
- Help the organization in creating new value for the members.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm about growing as individuals and about growing the organization.
- Act with honesty and professionalism in all relationships.
- Work together to deliver exceptional service.
- Perform each of their essential job functions satisfactorily.
- Maintain competency in their specific knowledge and skill sets.
- Utilize proven communication, organizational, and critical thinking skills.
- Consistently produce high-quality work within deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Ability to communicate and study by seeing, hearing, talking, and by using a computer and telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
If you are interested in applying to become the newest member of the SIMA team please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Careers@sima.org