Why become a Certified Snow Professional?
Who is a Certified Snow Professional?
A CSP is a business owner or manager who has taken the next step in managing and running a professional snow & ice management business. This individual has studied for and passed a rigorous exam covering business, legal, subcontractor, snow science, snow mechanics, and human resources.
Why should you become a CSP?
If you are serious about snow and ice, you should be serious about becoming a CSP. The program can help you:
- Manage the snow business, not just the snow event
- Take the guesswork out of insurance and legal issues
- Increase your sales potential
- Lead your company to greater success
Benefits of being a Certified Snow Professional include:
- New marketing opportunities
- Strong credentials backing your business
- Pride and professionalism in your work
- Increased knowledge of all aspects of running your business
- Use of CSP logo and designation after your name
- To raise the standards of the profession and create leaders in the industry.
- To encourage self-assessment by offering guidelines for achievement.
- To identify persons with environmental responsibility and exceptional knowledge of principles and practices of the profession.
- To recognize those who have demonstrated a high level of competence within the profession.
- To improve performance within the profession by requiring participation in a continuing program of professional and educational development.
- To cooperate with other providers of educational services in the development of training programs and continuing education and/or review of applicable programs.
- To keep on top of the industry by encouraging certified members to be effective communicators of the industry's values and principles by keeping informed and knowledgeable.
- To develop educators that will expand the horizons of co-workers, customers, and communities.