SIMA ENVIRONMENTAL LEADER OF THE YEAR
The SIMA Environmental Leader of the Year Award recognizes a SIMA member who influences the adoption of best practices for efficient salt application in his/her company and demonstrates they promote continuous salt efficiency to the industry.
Winning companies will be kept confidential until announced at the Snow & Ice Industry Awards Night on June 21, 2017 during the 20th Annual Snow & Ice Symposium in Montreal, QC.
Deadline: April 18, 2017
Applications submitted after 5pm CST will NOT be accepted.
- Company must be a SIMA member who has held membership in SIMA for a minimum of one year.
- A company representative must be willing to be one of the judges for the next year’s award.
- A company representative must be willing to attend SIMA’s 20th Annual Symposium in Montreal, QC to receive the award.
Applicants for this prestigious award will be judged on the basis of demonstrated success in the three competencies identified by the SIMA Awards Task Force:
- Adherence to industry best practices
- Company culture towards salt efficiency and environmental responsibility
- Equipment and technology implemented in your company
Selection of the award winner will be made by the SIMA Awards Task Force and will be based on compliance with the above stated eligibility criteria. Applications, photos and the $25 processing fee must be received online by April 18, 2017. Photos must demonstrate your company's adoption of best practices and salt efficiency to the industry. The images should provide documented proof of your existing processes; pictures showing branded equipment or that includes workers with branded uniforms help create credibility during the review process. Adherence to essay guidelines (such as writing 250 or 500 words) will also be considered during the judging process.
Direct all questions to Kaitlyn Wollum by calling 262-236-9949 or email Kaitlyn@sima.org.
Thanks to our 2016 Snow & Ice Industry Award Night Sponsor: