SIMA makes all efforts to ensure the privacy of customers and members. Member company information will be listed online at www.sima.org
in the membership directory, and at any time a member can request to opt-out of the directory listing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
. Email addresses of members are only listed in the directory when a member furnishes a desired email address and opts-in to share an email in the directory. All purchases, informational requests, and transactions are confidential and not shared with third parties, and SIMA does not maintain on any local servers or paper files credit card information of customers and members. SIMA does make available to supplier members and exhibitors in the industry a mailing list of members upon request. SIMA does not share to public lists or suppliers member email addresses.
Refund Policy Membership refunds and cancellation: SIMA makes all efforts to
ensure satisfaction with membership purchases. Refunds for a membership will be
provided within 3 business days of the reception of payment for a new or
renewing member, with the following conditions:
- If organizational/individual accounts tied to the membership have downloaded/accessed/viewed any of the available documents, courses, or training online via SIMA, the refund will be allocated minus the current non-member rates for any resources downloaded/viewed online as part of SIMA member value
- If organizational/individual accounts tied to the membership have not downloaded/accessed/viewed any of the available documents, courses, or training online via SIMA, a full refund will be process
After 3 business days, no refunds will be made available for membership purchases. Requests for refunds in membership must be emailed to Info@sima.org
. Membership can be cancelled at any time by requesting such cancellation in an email to Info@sima.org
. Any membership cancellations that take place more than 3 business days after purchase of a membership will not receive any refunds, however all membership-related listings, benefits, and values will be cancelled. Merchandise Refunds
: Refunds on merchandise and products purchased in SIMA’s online store are only made available if there is insufficient inventory OR if request for refund is made by email to Info@sima.org
prior to shipment of purchased materials.
Saved Payment/Member Auto-Renewal Policy and Process
SIMA will only enable members to save payment information and/or establish auto-renewals for membership purchases in the following ways:
- Telephone [Credit Card Only]: Staff confirms verbally that customer wants to save payment/setup auto-renewal information in our system, communicating that it is secure and no account information is stored at SIMA. SIMA staff person will document with an activity note in the associations information management system (tied to the customer account) that the customer requested payment information/auto renewal over the phone, documenting the date, time and any pertinent details.
- Written Authorization [Credit Card Only]: SIMA will provide a checkbox and some language on our membership and product order forms that customers can check, asking for payment information to be saved to their account/ability to set up auto-renewal feature (membership forms only) and save this paperwork in a file. SIMA will not solicit credit card numbers via email for security purposes, and credit card numbers numbers will be made completely illegible on any filed paperwork.
- Electronic [Credit Card and eCheck]: SIMA’s Association Management System, Membersuite, works with Authorize.net to provide a secure method of storing echeck and credit card information and allowing setup of auto-renewals. No account information is stored locally at SIMA or Membersuite, and customers will be able to access, add, change or remove their Saved Payment Methods/Auto-renewal settings anytime via the Customer Portal. For more information about Membersuite visit www.membersuite.com.
Season Opener Cancellation & Refund Policy
If an unfortunate event occurs that prevents you from attending the Season Opener, we encourage you to send a replacement. All cancellations made on or before September 12, 2017
will receive a full refund, less a $25 processing fee (per registration). No refund requests will be fulfilled after September 12, 2017
SIMA acknowledges that extenuating circumstances may cause an attendee to cancel their registration. In these instances, refund considerations will be made on a case by case basis. Such cases include:
There is a death or birth in the attendee's family
The attendee has a serious accident or illness or there's a serious accident or illness in their immediate family
There's a natural disaster in the attendee's town or city
The attendee has jury duty or other similar civil obligations
- The attendee is called to active duty
Please call the SIMA office at 414-375-1940 or email email@example.com
to discuss any such circumstances.